Title: Data Engineer (Health Care Domain)
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: Long Term contract
Start Date: ASAP
Education: Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Required Experience/Skills: Data Engineer qualifications + Health Care industry experience
- 2+ years of experience working in Healthcare industry (Hospital, HIE, RHIO, Insurance provider)
- Worked on clinical and payor data. Understands clinical workflows .
- Intermediate level knowledge of HL7 V2 messaging standard e.g. ADT, SIU, ORM, ORU and enterprise
integration patterns and technologies e.g. publish / subscribe messaging pattern, APIs, REST and SOAP Web
- Knowledge of clinical terminologies.
- Familiarity with FHIR HL7 standard.
- Experience in building HL7 interfaces
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark (preferably Databricks), Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL databases, including Snowflake and Postgres.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Scala, Python e
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Jenkins, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, etc.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets.