Title: Senior Embedded Engineer
Location: Andover, MA
Duration: Very Long Term
- 7+ years of experience in C and C++.
- 5+ years of experience in bare metal (No OS), Embedded Linux and FreeRTOS.
- 5+ years of experience in writing drivers for Embedded Linux on i.MX6 and scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- 7+ years of experience in designing embedded systems software on 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers including ARM MCUs.
- Proficient in using lab equipment and debugging tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyser and millimetres.
- Experience in using automated test suite for embedded applications preferred.
- Thorough understanding of IEC 62304, FDA and MDR design control requirements for electronic and software controlled devices.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development of system software that includes the creation of design document, embedded firmware development, and unit and integration testing of embedded software and associated tools.
- Thorough understanding of the Medical device regulations like IEC 62304.
- Develop unit and integration tests and generate unit and integration test reports
- Use C++ and C programming languages to deliver high quality, easily maintainable production code
- Perform software design reviews, code reviews, and unit and integration test case reviews and, track and implement review action items, where applicable.
- Work closely with hardware equipment and debugging tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyser and millimetres.
- Should possess strong development fundamentals: object-oriented design, real-time system design, OOD, UML, design pattern, architectural pattern, coding skills, multithreading, inter-processor communication, and hardware-software integration
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies
- Ability to read circuit designs/electrical schematics and datasheets